You can try out the Zendesk platform with a free, 14-day trial account. If you're interested in becoming a Zendesk developer partner, you can convert your trial account into a sponsored Zendesk Support account. The sponsored account is on the Enterprise plan with up to 5 agents. Unlike trial accounts, a sponsored account won't expire after 14 days. The only requirement is that you don't use the account to provide actual customer support.
To get a trial account
To get a sponsored account
- If not already done, sign up for a free Zendesk Support trial at https://www.zendesk.com/register/free-trial/.
- When you're setting up the account, make sure to add the prefix "d3v-" to your chosen subdomain name. Example: d3v-mondocam.zendesk.com.
- If you already have a trial account, add the "d3v-" prefix to your subdomain. See Renaming your subdomain for instructions.
- Start an email to email@example.com with the subject line "Sponsored development account request [Company Name]".
- In the body of the email, provide the following information:
- Your Zendesk subdomain. Example: d3v-mondocam.zendesk.com.
- A brief summary of your planned integration and what it will do.
Zendesk will inform you when your trial account becomes a sponsored Enterprise account.