Zendesk Talk is designed to meet many of your voice communications needs and we have a range of plans for differing company needs. More details on these may be found at www.zendesk.com/talk.
We recognize that many of our customers may have an existing telephony system or wish to use other telephony systems. With our Zendesk Talk Partner Edition API, you can integrate third-party telephony systems with Zendesk Support.
A telephony event triggers one or more actions in Zendesk Support. For example, when an agent answers a call, the telephony system can create and display a ticket in Zendesk Support. Additionally, you can use the Zendesk Apps framework to display call controls in the Zendesk Support interface for a more consistent agent experience.
Here are some of the suggested tasks a telephony system can perform in Zendesk Support using the API. Keep in mind that this list is not exhaustive; the options are endless.
- Identifying a user based on a phone number
- Creating a user if the number is not recognized
- Identifying an agent based on the phone device
- Creating a ticket and displaying it to an agent (Talk Partner Edition only)
- Opening an existing ticket for an agent (Talk Partner Edition only)
- Displaying a user’s profile to an agent (Talk Partner Edition only)
- Adding a recording or transcription to a ticket (Talk Partner Edition only)
- Creating a voicemail ticket (Talk Partner Edition only)