The Develop Help Center consolidates all non-reference content into a dedicated Help Center for developers. The new Help Center brings together the following content in one place:
- Knowledge base - Articles, tutorials, and guides
- Community - Questions, answers, and discussions
- Platform news - Announcements, breaking change notices, and more
Why did we do this?
The new Help Center addresses the following problems:
Knowledge base - The developer knowledge base was limited to a single category in the cross-product Help Center. We now have a dedicated developer knowledge base
Community - The developer community was in the Support Help Center with community content for Support agents and administrators. We now have a dedicated developer community with searching that returns more relevant results for a developer audience
Platform news - Platform news was published here and there. You now have one place to go for the latest news.
What about the API reference content?
Because of the specialized production and formatting requirements of the reference docs, they'll continue to be hosted on the Zendesk developer portal at developer.zendesk.com.
We plan to gradually add functionality to the Help Center to tie it more closely to the developer portal. Features on the horizon:
- Direct access to individual reference docs from the Help Center category and section landing pages
- Federated search that combines results from both the Help Center and the developer portal
In time we hope to make the Help Center your gateway to all the Zendesk developer content -- getting started, reference, community, and news.
If you have any questions, leave a message in the comments section below.